Hello Loves! Today with the amazing help of Zaful, I’m starting something new on Karen Giuliana! Have you heard of Zaful? Can you guess my next topic? Here’s a hint: I feel this is how you can represent yourself artistically and I get tons of messages on it via Instagram? Stumped? Alright it’s FASHION!
I feel fashion is a way for you to show off your personal style, your personality, a way to embrace your body. Honestly, it’s a representation of who you are. I’ll be showing you a couple of new pieces I’m looking forward to trying and how cost efficient it can be with Zaful! Zaful recently reached out to me and asked to work together to show off a couple of my favorite pieces for spring/summer.
Fashion Style Then:
First a little back story, I get comments and messages all the time from people stating they love my style, asking where I shop, or even to try their own clothing. I never once thought to expand my blog into fashion because honestly, I’m literally changing clothes like people drink water. In middle school, I was all about the Brazilian jeans and tight shirts with the big hoop earrings. In high school, I was into the preppy, cool, Abercrombie and Fitch polished look and didn’t own anything else. When I started dancing, I wanted to look like the girls of the 2002-2008 hip-hop era music videos. In college, I just wanted to follow all the trends the celebrities wear. As you can tell I’m constantly changing my style and it’s always evolving to whatever I felt was cool during the time.
Fashion Style Now:
Now, I honestly just follow my heart. I like to experiment with clothes and try different things. Something I never thought I would wear, is something I want to try and see how it looks on me first before completely saying no! I’ve taken risks with some of my tops and tend to overdress a lot. My motto is “I would rather always be overdressed then underdressed.” I also love to dress up my style with an amazing pair of heels and bold makeup. My fashion inspiration? My go-to fashion Instagram account? My style icon is none other than the stunning Olivia Culpo, not because I want to emulate everything she wears (which I think we ALL do, but let’s be honest we all don’t have her budget) but because she is always willing to takes risks, try something new, and just rock whatever she has on.
With the season of Spring comes one of my favorite things to do. Which is literally to go through my entire closet and get rid of all the clothes I just don’t wear anymore. I’ve done this activity literally every year and either donated my old clothes or send them to my family in Peru and it’s so refreshing. I love getting rid of the “old and not me anymore” clothes and buying new clothes to experiment with. With that, I know, doesn’t that get expensive? The answer, honestly, is NO. Today I’ll be reviewing clothes from Zaful that I’m excited to try and change up my outfits a bit. Zaful is an amazing company with great styles at such an AFFORDABLE prices!
My Zaful Wish List:
- A smocked Belted High Waisted Short in a Wine Red. The reason I love this is because I’m only 5’ and when I wear a cute high-waisted short with heels, it makes my legs look longer. It’s priced at $14.99 right now, which is also such a deal. This would make a great outfit for any brunch, summer night that is right around the corner or even for date night. Add some gold accessories and heels, and you’ll be catching hearts all night.
- A Floral Print Plunge Cami Romper. Romper’s are usually hard for me because I have such a small torso in height and they tend to make me look more square than anything. This romper though has a tie in the front that can show off your curves better. The print is amazing and floral is so in right now but it is not to overpowering of a print either. What I love about this romper is that you can literally rock it with a pair of heels to dress it up or be super casual and put on some flats or sandals. It is only $17.99 too!
- This next piece is definitely different for me. It is a Floral Crop Top and Lace Trim High Waisted Shorts. I don’t really wear much statement prints like this just because I feel I just look silly in them, but this piece is very spot on tropical for my travels and South Florida living lifestyle. It is a bit of a showstopper because of the plunging neckline and bow tied back, which give it the edginess and sex appeal I like. The lace trim adds a girly feel to it and keeps it classy and it is only $15.99 so talk about a steal.
- Next is a basic staple every working #girlboss should have in their closet. It is a Knotted Striped Pockets Dip Hem Shirt and cost $16.52. It’s a take on the classic button up look. I run a lot of errands on the weekend and this allows you to look trendy, like the amazing girl boss you are, and a go-getter all in one. Add a cute pair of white shorts or jeans with cute flats and you’ll look like you mean business. It’s also super cute for the occasional business lunch or meeting paired with wedges or strappy heels.
- Here’s where my edgy/wild side comes out. I’m literally in LOVE with this black Cami Scalloped Lace Tank Top retailed at $16.99. It is the perfect mix of class with sex appeal every woman wants to be. Black is my SIGNATURE color. You can add this top with the Red Wine High Waisted Shorts in the beginning for a perfect date night outfit or wear it with white pants and off to a fabulous brunch you go.
- Like I said in the beginning, I love to be comfortable in my style. This white Off the Shoulder Lantern Sleeve Pullover Sweater priced at $26.91 is the perfect combination for me of style and comfort. I love grabbing dinner with my girls on a Friday/Saturday night and sometimes we just LITERALLY want to eat, drink wine, and gossip about our lives and boys. This sweater is the perfect option to just go out and grab dinner, drinks, gossip and still be fashionable without putting much effort. The off the shoulder look with a good pair of skinny jeans and heels will give you a sexy look but still comfortable. Wine not included though* (ha-ha)
- The next piece is a Mid Waist Lace Up Ripped Denim Short. It is perfect for the beach, pool, or walking around on the broad walk or shore. If you’re planning a tropical getaway this better be in your suitcase. Living in South Florida, shorts are a must. The lace up detailing is adjustable so you can pick to be a bit daring or more tamed with your look. Going out on the boat? You’re sure to make a statement with these and only for $21.68 it’s a steal.
- Here’s another favorite of mine the black and white Striped Wide Leg Shorts with Tie Belt. It is priced at $10.99 need I say MORE!!! The reason I love these pair of shorts is because the striped are actually vertical so for all my short/petite girls like me you KNOW what this means! The vertical stripes actually help create the illusion of a longer leg plus the stripes give a cute but professional look for any work event or lunch you may have coming up.
- This next piece is the Front Pockets Draped Coat, I personally love it in Pink or Army Green, but Zaful has other colors as well and only for $31.21! The coat is a professional touch to let’s say a black lace tank top I showed earlier with a pair of white jeans or shorts for a date night or going to the movies. You can literally wear this with anything. My recommendation is if you are petite like me, to wear it with heels or hem it to fit you properly and not look too long on you.
- My last piece is a White Cami Satin Cropped Tank top; it does come in black too ladies! It is priced at $15.99 and as much as I LOVE black I also LOVE white. Mostly because white give my olive skin tone a darker look to it. For all my Latinas, it makes you look tanner than you really are. I love this basic crop top because it is so versatile, you can pair it with the Red Wine high waisted shorts or the Black and White Striped Shorts, jeans and I could keep going. The satin gives off the classy look while still being cute and flirty.
Thank you loves for reading along my first fashion post! I’m looking forward to expanding my blog more and adding new content for you guys. Tell me if you would try any of these pieces and what your favorites from your wishlist with Zaful are. Zaful is a trendy, chic, and super affordable online boutique so if you’re looking to revamp your closet, start with them first! They are always bringing in new items and you can always be up to date with them by checking out their Instagram, @zaful. Also leave in the comments what your fashion style is and who you look up to for inspiration!
XOXO- Karen Giuliana